The Grand Master Plan of this little piece of the World Wide Web is to actually make me do something productive whilst I faff about on the computer.
Additionally, it is to try to correct a flaw in my personality -that I can think of many things, yet I can't imagine them. My old art teacher (a man I will forever be greatly indebted to, and yet never kept in contact with, nor actually said 'good-bye' to) once said that whilst I unmistakeably had talent, I had no imagination. This I've always maintained to be a mis-truth. He wasn't wrong, but he wasn't right, and now I'm attempting to correct it all.
The aim, therefore, is for all of this to inspire me to draw, write, create and theorise again. If I come away with a better understanding of who I am, and where I stand in society in both a moral, political and idealogical sense, BONUS!
Especially as this will help with Plato's Republic to the point I may actually succeed.
Whilst it enables me to make friends, the fact that I have a very... fluid interpretation of what I feel and think about the world around me causes problems when it comes to arguing my corner, and deciding where other people stand. Put simply, I don't have a corner. I don't even have a side.
I'm a spinning top in a polygon.
Whilst other people stick to their sides, corners, and orbit around other like-minded people, I spin around and about, and bounce off other's ideas. I suppose I could really view myself as a Borg drone. I assimilate aspects of the people I come into contact with. I listen to their viewpoints, and their arguments, and when I'm with them and amongst 'that lot' I tend to agree with 'that lot'. Not whole-heartedly, mind -that would be two-faced, and I will forever argue that that is not what I am, damnit. But then, I'll meet up with other people, sometimes people who think the complete opposite, and I'll find myself agreeing with them.
I'm not a character out of Plato. I don't have clear definitions of aspects of the world around me, only to have them shot down by Socrates. I'd have been the person listening, observing and absorbing.
The problem with this in real life is that I talk too much simply to sit on a park bench and watch the world go round.
I also ramble. Lots.
Apologies seems to be a good word to end this post with. That, and a full stop.

No comments:
Post a Comment